Brazil Oncoguia Institute
Launched in 2003, the Oncoguia website, a reference portal in quality information on cancer, became a non-for-profit organization in 2009. Created with the purpose of helping cancer patients and the population to live better lives, Oncoguia Institute develops programs and initiatives on health promotion, disease prevention, wellness, awareness and patient rights.
Promoting patient rights is a big part of what Oncoguia Institute does through access to quality information, patient support and advocacy. Our multidisciplinary team works guided by the following goals:
- Offer quality information for patients, their families and the whole population.
- Educate the population and the patient about the importance of health self-care, wellness, quality of life and citizenship.
- Empower population and cancer patients giving them voice and offering support to their main needs.
- Increase citizens’ participation on planning and monitoring of public policies, promoting an active and responsible role that helps to improve cancer control.
- Promote and facilitate cancer patients’ access to their rights.
- Contribute to the improvement of public policies related to cancer, engaging legislators and managers in the cause.
- Promote multidisciplinary action in health
Besides giving support to lung cancer patients through our Portal, the toll-free number
(PAP – Patient Support Program) and through our social media, we developed two specific projects focused on lung cancer.
For more information please visit http://www.oncoguia.org.br/