- What is the Global Lung Cancer Atlas?
- The Global Lung Cancer Atlas makes accessible in one place the latest published information about lung cancer impact and outcomes in different nations, to create a single statistical resource for the global lung cancer community to use to compare countries, benchmark progress and campaign for change.
- Who developed the Global Lung Cancer Atlas?
The development of the Atlas has been supported by the Global Lung Cancer Coalition, which is a unique partnership, dedicated to improving disease outcomes for all lung cancer patients worldwide.
The development of this atlas has been possible because of the input of experts, including:
- Professor Richard Sullivan, Director of Institute of Cancer Policy and Conflict and Health Programme, King's College London
- Professor Michel Coleman, Professor of Epidemiology and Vital Statistics, Cancer Research UK Cancer Survival Group, Department of Non-Communicable Disease Epidemiology, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- How has the information in the Global Lung Cancer Atlas been sourced and how up-to-date is the data?
- The purpose of the Atlas is to make accessible in one place the latest published information about lung cancer impact and outcomes in different nations. To that end a number of different sources have been used to develop the Atlas to provide the most recent data that is available. GLCC members have validated data for their country. A full list of these sources can be found on the References page. It is possible that, at a national level, more recent data may be available. If you are aware of more recent sources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How often will the Global Lung Cancer Atlas be updated?
- The Atlas draws on the most up-to-date sources as of December 2021. The Atlas will be updated with the most recent statistics and additional indicators added as and when it is necessary. If you have any more up-to-date statistics for your country please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com.
- Who do I contact if I need help with the Global Lung Cancer Atlas?
- If you have any questions about the Atlas, or if there is a problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be able to assist you. If any more up-to-date data for your country is available please do also send it to the contact above.