Lung Cancer Facts
Submitted by claire on August 10, 2007 - 5:43am
Did you know?
- Lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer in the world – causing more deaths than breast and prostate cancer put together.
- Every 30 seconds, someone, somewhere in the world dies of lung cancer.
- 40% of smokers who start smoking in their early teens and continue to smoke will not live to claim their pension.
- Only 1 in every 10 people with lung cancer are alive 5 years after diagnosis.
- Recent studies indicate that women are more susceptible to developing lung cancer than men. Women smokers are twice as likely to develop lung cancer than male smokers. Even among non-smokers women’s risk of developing lung cancer is higher than men.
- Women also have a more difficult time overcoming nicotine addiction than men.
Click here to download our awareness leaflets.